2019 SPRING SESSION: APRIL 1–JUNE 17
DEADLINE: JANUARY 1, 2019
The program fee is 1450 EUR.
The fee covers a private room in a shared flat, a studio space, the workshops and other program costs. Residents are expected to cover their travel costs, material costs and daily living expenses. Some materials can be bought directly from BARTR at subsidized prices.
It is free to apply.
If you are interested in applying for a grant, please get in touch with us. We might be able to help.
Please use the form available at the bottom of this page to apply online. We do not accept applications sent to us over email.
Your application should include:
- A resume
- A statement (max 100 words) introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to take part.
- Samples of 3 previous works. Please include a clear description of each piece with the title, date created, and medium.
- A (brief) outline of what kind of work you plan to do during the residency. Please include the concept, planned medium, theoretical background, and influences.
Things to keep in mind before you apply:
- While we don’t require that your final work be the result of a collaboration, the workshops, shared studios and nature of the residency demands that you are considerate of others and open to new experiences.
- We welcome artists of all disciplines to apply. If we are unsure whether we can accommodate your needs – spatial, technical or otherwise – we will be in touch immediately.